- 3 lbs moose roast
- 3 cup beef broth
- 3 yellow onions
- 2 cup celery
- 4-5 potatoes
- 3 large carrots
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh thyme
1. If frozen let roast sit out for the day, if thawed remove roast from fridge and let sit out for 30min-1 hour to bring meat closer to room temperature.
2. Mix salt, pepper and chili powder, cover roast with mixture and allow to rest for 20 min.
3. While the roast marinates in the seasonings, set a large pan on the stove on medium to high heat.
4. Add butter and a couple sprigs of fresh thyme and fresh rosemary to the heating pan. When the butter has completely melted, add the seasoned roast searing both sides, about 5 min each side.
5. While the roast is searing, chop up the onions and celery, add them to the crockpot.
6. Pour the beef broth over the chopped onions and celery. Add a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary.
7. Once the roast is done searing, add all contents of the pan into the crockpot.
8. Dice the garlic and add on top of the roast.
9. Cube potatoes, add on top of the roast.
10. Set the crockpot to high and cook for about 3 hours or until potatoes get soft.
11. Cut carrots and add to the crockpot, continue cooking on high for an hour.
12. Once carrots are cooked, remove 1 cup of broth and any visible rosemary or thyme twigs and the roast.
13. Cut roast into cubes and return them back into the crockpot.
14. Add cornstarch to the cup of removed broth. Stir until no clumps are visible. Return the broth to the crockpot and stir.
15. Serve and enjoy.